Ready to start streaming all your favourite shows from the comfort of your bed, with zero interruptions and zero judgement? For those new to streaming services, we break it down for you and give you all the info about the most popular ones around right now.
Best Streaming Services 2020
Which one should you choose?
Streaming services have come a long way in the last few years and with the online world forever expanding it is easy to get lost in the wide array of choices available. After sifting through our top 10 list above you might need to dive a little deeper into which service is really the right one for you and your needs. Just think, your favourite shows at your fingertips and to make it better, the options of what you can watch are endless.
Which streaming service is for you?
Do you find yourself endlessly scrolling and waiting for your shows on TV, flicking between channels or wasting time checking the free-to-air TV guide?
Finding the best streaming service for your needs is a personal journey, but these are our suggestions to make your life a little easier.
1.The cost factor – if the cost is an issue look into which subscriptions offer the best deal for the shows and movies you are looking for. Sign up for a free trial and test them out.
2. Consider the genres you are interested in. If sports are all you are looking for then Kayo is your go-to streaming service. If you love a reality drama piece, maybe Netflix or Stan are more your style.
3. Ease of set up – No one likes spending hours trying to figure out how to set up an app or simply struggling to login to their account without asking the kids for help. Ensure to research what is involved with the setup and if it is going to be easy enough for you. Our top 10 list above has a range of options that follow a simple and quick method of set-up.
What about Foxtel?
A traditional Foxtel plan is a thing of the past, so if you are sick of paying hundreds of dollars each year for shows that are not updated nor can be downloaded to watch at your leisure, think about some of the options in our top 10 list instead.
Who has the best price?
If you are solely looking for a streaming service that will give you a great array of shows for less than $10 a month, Netflix is your cheapest option, followed by Stan. These two have more shows than you could possibly finish in the next year. Alternatively, free streaming services like SBS on demand and 9 now are also great options but they do require a good internet connection and if you are thinking of streaming on your 4G (Mobile network) you will go through your data like water – so be aware.
Which genres do they cover?
A whole range! From horror to rom-com and documentaries about climate change, there really is something for everyone on one or more of these top 10 streaming sites. Our recommendation is to sign up for a few and spend some time going through the categories they have.
The disney+ shows are less variable but still have many great tv shows and movies available, great for the kids, grandkids and the adult kids who don’t mind a throw-back to their childhood classics.
What if I just want one show?
Unfortunately, you cannot access one show for a discounted price, however, it does give you a chance to discover other shows you may not have heard of that are similar in theme or genre to your favourites.
So which one do I choose?
The simple answer is – whichever one you like! Maybe all of them. Each has its own qualities to offer and sometimes we just need to give it a go before we can make any sort of definitive choices. If this is all very new to you, start with one – like Netflix and go from there. You may find it has everything you need in one place.
I am ready to get started
Welcome to the world of online streaming! It’s time to get it all set-up and ready. Go through the checklist below and see how far you have gotten. Continue on or start from the start, you will be ready to go in no time at all.
- Sign up via the link in our top 10 list above.
- Filled in my details correctly, ensure your email and password are ones you will remember or make note of them. When signing in for the first time on your phone, laptop, smart tv or desktop computer, ensure to hit – ‘save password’ for next time.
- Downloaded the app onto your phone
- Chose the correct subscription for your needs, do you enjoy crisp quality shows – opt for 4K or High Definition (HD). If not, the Standard Definition (SD) versions will do just fine and they take up less space on your mobile devices when downloaded.
- Create your personal profile and start adding your favourite shows to your cue or list. This keeps all the shows that you are watching in one place, easy to find and allows the service to come up with new and relevant suggestions for you when you have finished all of the ones on your list.
- Once you have used the streaming service for a few weeks, your suggested titles should start to come through and who knows, maybe you will find your next favourite show there!
- Always make use of your free trial period and don’t be afraid to sign up for more than one service now you know how to get set up.
Streaming services are the new free to air tv, stop waiting for your favourite shows to be on at the times they set, watch them when you want, whenever you want. Enjoy your new subscriptions.